As the world becomes ever smaller through technology, globalization, and interconnectedness, the speed with which ideas spread is increasing. To capture those ideas and transform them into innovative products, processes, and organizations, knowledge partners must be able to find one another. Igniting and sustaining partnerships also means finding resources, technological, financial, human, institutional, and intellectual. The twin pillars of a knowledge economy are accessing and generating new knowledge and applying that knowledge to enhance livelihoods and create new solutions, products, jobs, wealth, and health. When people with ideas can come together and access the necessary resources, we see the results in the form of new drugs, better crops, breakthroughs in energy efficiency, and innovations in learning.
For enhancing the scientific and technological capabilities of the Islamic countries, it is essential to develop a `Mission` and “Strategy” which defines the objectives, specifies the means of action and, lays down general policy guidelines for the development of Inter-Islamic Network on Science and Technology Parks (INSTP). This `Mission` and “Strategy” should be within the scope of INSTP as well as OIC Standing Committee on Scientific and Technological Cooperation (COMSTECH).
INSTP will encourage the Islamic countries to adopt policies and programmes for the development of science and technology in the light of their development priorities and specific needs.
Our Vision Build Capacity and Knowledge to optimize Human Technology across all Domains in Islamic Countries.
Our Mission To adopt practical measures to develop Inter-Islamic Network on Science and Technology Parks (INSTP) to;
Contribute to the technology growth of Islamic Countries
- Enter the Islamic and Global markets with our resources and products
- To promote innovative technologies and related information in Islamic countries
- To commercialize technological knowledge
- To support technology intensive production and entrepreneurship in Islamic countries
- To contribute to the adaptation of manufacturing industry to innovative technologies
- To provide employment of qualified labor in Islamic countries
- To support foundation and development of innovative companies that operate at high added value by benefiting from local potentials in Islamic countries
- To promote regional development by intensive R&D studies
- To create foreign investment opportunities in Islamic countries
- To increase the synergy and cooperation between Islamic companies
- To increase the export rate at technology based products between Islamic countries.